|Description||You launch a salvo of elemental blasts from your staff that homes in on targets ahead of you.|
Energy Barrage is a mage ability that is part of the Storm tree in Dragon Age: Inquisition.
- Damage per Hit: 66% weapon damage
- Projectiles released - 12
- Cost: 50 mana
- Cooldown: 16 Seconds
Energy Barrage - Upgrades
|Energy Bombardment||Each hit from Energy Barrage lowers the target's resistance to your staff's magic type for a short time.||Magic Resistance: -2%|
|Energy Storm||Energy Barrage now deals additional damage, but all targets are selected at random. Trespasser DLC||Damage: 100% weapon damage|
Energy Barrage - Notes
There are numerous things to have in mind when deciding to use the spell:
- The number of projectiles can be doubled using Blade of Tidarion. You will need to add a rune with different elemental damage than the one on the blade. This way the mage will release 24 projectiles
- The spell is best used in small halls where projectiles do not have a chance to spread away too much.
- Unfortunately, when using Energy Barrage the character does a small step. This results in canceling effects like Winter Stillness.
- The spell is extremely effective when used together with Fade-Touched Plush Fustian Velvet Masterwork material. This almost guarantees Hidden Blades each time you use it
- The spell can activate the Eldritch detonation combo
- It is important to note that the element of the spell depends on the staff that the character wields. If it wears Fire staff the damage element will be fire and so on.
- The projectiles can miss the enemies easily, so try to release them as close to the enemies as possible